VMCJ-1 "Golden Hawks"
Marine Composite Reconnaissance Squadron One received itss first F8U-1P in 1958 while based at MCAS El Toro. The unit was heavily involved in the Vietnam war, operating from carriers as well as land bases.
In 1965, the Golden Hawks began operating the EF-10B Skyknight in addition to the RF-8 Crusader, to counter the growing SAM threat over Vietnam. The photo-recon Crusaders were eventually replaced by RF-4B Phantom II and the EF-10B by the EA-6A.
VMCJ-1 was disestablished in 1975.