Squadron history :
Fleet Utility Squadron One was established at NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii on 20 July 1951 and was the second squadron to carry that name. VU-1 provided training and support for fleet units of the 14th Naval District. Starting in the early 1960s, it operated several F-8A and DF-8A Crusaders among other types.
On 1 July 1965, VU-1 was redesignated VC-1. In its later years, the squadron became know as the "Blue Alii". The "Alii" is an ancient Hawaiian warrior. The squadron badge shows an Alii against a background of the Hawaiian archipelago. The Crusaders were relinquished in favour of TA-4 Skyhawks in 1969.
VC-1 was disestablished on 30 September 1992.
Crusader models used: